Event Starts: Jul 07, 2021, 7:00 pm
Event Location: The Township of Hillside
July 7, 2021
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call: David Feuerstein, Marjorie Hargrave, Richard Johnson, Aldeana Mitchell, Darhon Parker, Angela Lawler, Terrell Day (Alternate 1), Mike Antuono (Alternate 2), Chairman Dennis Kobitz, Attorney Steven H. Merman, and Harbor Consultants.
- Statement of Public Notice: This meeting was called pursuant to the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Notice of this meeting was sent to the Union County Local Source and the Star Ledger. In addition, copies of notice were posted on the bulletin board in the Municipal Building and filed in the Office of the Township Clerk.
- Minutes: June 2, 2021
- Z-003-21 - GIRT Realty LLC of 7500 West Side Avenue, North Bergen, NJ 07047. The Applicant proposes to demolish the existing vacant and dilapidated movie theater building on Lot 22 to construct a surface parking lot to be connected to utilized by the adjacent automotive service facility on Lot 16. Nearly all of the proposed improvements are to Lot 22. Modifications to Lot 16 are limited to removing three (3) parking spaces in the southwest corner of the parking lot connecting the existing parking lot to the proposed parking area on Lot 22 that will include a gate at the entrance to the property commonly known as 1450 & 1480 North Broad Street (block 1007, lot 16 &22).
- Z-004-20 - Magazine Realty LLC 69 Magazine Street, Newark, NJ 07105 is seeking preliminary and Final Site Plan Approval to construct three (3) apartment units - one (1) two-bedroom; one (1) one-bedroom; and one (1) studio with a total of six (6) off-street parking spaces. Requesting Variance Relief (hardship) [N.J.S. 40:D-70c(1)], Variance Relief (substantial benefit) [N.J.S. 40:55D-70c(2)], and Variance Relief (use) [N.J.S. 40:55D-70d] at the property located at 309-311 Hillside Avenue (block 1101, lot 1).
- D&N Holdings II LLC. The Applicant proposes to demolish the existing Improvements to make way for the construction of a new two (2)-family dwelling, consisting of two (2), three (3)-bedroom dwelling units with a enclosed two (2)-car garage and two (2)-car surface parking lot. The Applicant is seeking d(1) use and bulk ("c") variance approvals in connection with the property commonly known as 1559 Leslie Street (block 310, lot 1).
- Board discussion(s) - Z-011-16 - Seeking to demolish the existing structures on the 244 Hillside Avenue property with the exception of the existing billboard which is to remain. The existing building located on the 245 Route 22 property will be re-purposed for use as an office and showroom for automobile sales with the adjacent lot (244 Hillside Avenue) utilized for vehicle inventory and storage.
- OPEN FORUM
Join Meeting via ZOOM by calling +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 950 9957 2941 Passcode: 131466
Please be advised that the Board of Adjustment reserves the right to go into closed or executive session per N.J.S.A. 10:4-12.