Mission and Purpose
The Office of the Township Clerk is responsible for serving and assisting Hillside residents and the general public in a helpful, professional, courteous, and friendly manner and to provide necessary information to the Governing Body, Administration, and all Municipal Departments. If you have any questions, please e-mail, call or stop by our office on the first floor of Town Hall.
- Acts as the Secretary to the Municipal Corporation for minutes, books, bonds, contracts, titles, archival records, etc. of the Municipal Corporation. The Township Clerk is the Custodian of the Municipal Seal.
- Acts as Secretary to the Governing Body, prepares meeting agendas, resolutions and ordinances at the discretion of the Governing Body, is present at all meetings of the Governing Body, and records the minutes of each meeting.
- Serves as Chief Administrative Officer in all elections held in the municipality and Chief Registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statues.
- Serves as the Administrative Officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to another municipal office.
- Serves as Coordinator and Records Manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Performs such other duties that may be imposed by state statutes and regulations or municipal ordinances or regulations.
Hillside Municipal Codes: ecode360.com/HI1422
Shauyn Walker, Acting Township Clerk 862-227-5380
Phone: (973) 681-7155
Fax: (973) 351-5935
OPRA Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Department Hours:
Monday to Friday 8:00 am. to 4:00 pm.