Event Starts: Apr 05, 2022, 6:30 pm
Event Location: The Township of Hillside
TOWNSHIP OF HILLSIDE
Caucus MEETING OF THE TOWNSHIP COUNCIL VIA ZOOM
April 5, 2022 @ 6:30pm *Agenda subject to change*
Zoom Meeting ID: 876 4834 8046, Passcode: 476001
- CALL TO ORDER
- FLAG SALUTE
- STATEMENT OF PUBLIC NOTICE - This Meeting was called pursuant to the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Notice of this meeting was sent to the Union County Local Source and the Star-Ledger. In addition, copies of notice were posted on the bulletin board in the Municipal Building and filed in the Office of the Township Clerk. Notices on the bulletin board have remained continuously posted. Proper notice having been given, the Deputy Township Clerk is directed to include this statement in the minutes of this meeting.
- ROLL CALL - Lisa Bonanno, Donald J. DeAugustine, Gerald Pateesh Freedman, Andrea Hyatt, Robert Rios, Christopher D. Mobley, Council Vice President and Craig Epps, Council President
- PROCLAMATIONS - Senior Citizen's Birthdays - April 5, 2022
- APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES: March 22, 2022
- Payment of Bills - April 5, 2022
- Ordinance: O-22-08 First Reading & Introduction - BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR VARIOUS 2022 CAPITAL ACQUISITIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF HILLSIDE, IN THE COUNTY OF UNION, STATE OF NEW JERSEY; APPROPRIATING $839,300 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $799,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COSTS THEREOF
- Ordinance: O-22-09 First Reading & Introduction - ORDINANCE AMENDING THE TOWNSHIP OF HILLSIDE TOWNSHIP CODE AT CHAPTER 4" ADMINISTRATION OF GOVERNMENT", ARTICLE III, AT SECTION 10. When introduced today, the above ordinance shall be considered for final passage after public hearing thereon at a meeting of said Township Council to be held via Zoom on Tuesday, April 19, 2022, at 6:30 pm or at any time and place to which the meeting for further consideration of the ordinances shall be adjourned.
- Ordinance PUBLIC HEARING >>> O-22-07 - AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND ORDINANCE #426-78 ENTITLED AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ADOPTION OF RECLASSIFICATION AND COMPENSATION PLAN PREPARED BY THE NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL SERVICE COVERING THE OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF THE TOWNSHIP OF HILLSIDE All persons interested will be given an opportunity to be heard concerning such ordinances by emailingquestions and comments prior to and during the Public Hearing portion of the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the public may also call in via telephone to 929-205-6099, Meeting ID: 876 4834 8046, Passcode: 476001 during the Public Hearing portion of the meeting
- R-22-093 Auth. Temporary Emergency Budget Appropriation Total Sum of $1,932,707.25 (ACTION)
- R-22-094 Submit Application for Union County 2018 Infrastructure and Municipal Grant Program (ACTION)
- R-22-047 TABLEDAuth. pymnt. of previous year invoices for services rendered for Ruderman & Roth, LLC for a total sum of $10,800.00 (ACTION)
- R-22-095 Appointing Municipal Prosecutor -Landry Belizaire, Esq.(ACTION)
- R-22-096 Approving Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Attorney - Trenk Isabel Attorney at Law (ACTION)
- R-22-097 Provide Advice and Consent for the Appointment for CFO, Glynn Jones (ACTION)
- R-22-098 Executive Closed Sessions - Personnel (ACTION)
- OLD (UNFINISHED) / NEW BUSINESS
- PUBLIC COMMENTS - The public can email questions and comments before and during the meeting email@example.com. The public may also join the meeting via Zoom by using: Meeting ID: 876 4834 8046 Passcode: 476001 or by using Zoom meeting direct link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87403202600?pwd=NjIrNnpMS2MzaXQ2VlRFVUZ5TytQdz09
- COUNCIL REMARKS
- EXECUTIVE CLOSED SESSION - Please be advised that the Council reserves the right to enter a closed session per N.J.S.A. 10:4-12.
The meeting will also be live-streamed on Facebook Live on Hillside Council Meetings. Please state name and address for the record.
Caucus-Regular Meeting: April 19, 2022 @ 6:30pm
Caucus Meeting: May 10, 2022 @ 6:30pm